The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officerruns the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director Town panchayats, Municipal commissioners & Municipal Corporation Commissioner areassisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A :: Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures, Elections and VVIPs
- Section B :: Land Disbute UDR Error, VAO Admn. Urban Land Tax, jamabandhi.
- Section C :: Deals with Law & Order, Magisterial (Court/Legal) matters
- Section D :: Govt. Land, Land Assignment, House Site Patta, Encroachments
- Section E :: Land Acquisition, Tree Cutting, LAOP Cases, Guide Line Value
- Section F:: Budject,Audit,Reconciliation,Salary, Pay fixation
- Section G :: Tapal, Fair Copy, Long pending Review. Despatch
- Section H :: AdiDiravidar and Tribal Welfare
- Section I :: Backward class & Minority welfare
- Section J :: State Excise, TASMAC management
- Section K :: Public Distribution System, Civil Supplies.
- Section L :: Social Security Scheme
- Section R : Rehabilitation, Refugees Welfare, Srilankan Tamils Welfare
- Social Welfare Office
- Public Relation Office
- Local Fund Audit
- Land Survey and Settlement of Record
- Forest Settlement
- AD(P) : Panchayats Related Activities
- AD(TP) : Town Panchatyats related Activities
- MINES AND MINARALS
- Regional Joint Director of Animal Husbandary
- National Informatic Centre
- JR Coop.
- DR COOP
- DR PDS
- PA Agri
- PA Accounts
- PA (SS) : Small Savings
- PO (DRDA) : Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PO ICDS
- Child Protection Scheme
- PO Mahalir Thittam
- AD Horticulture
- JD Agri