In Dindigul district, the following schemes are being implemented by Tamil Nadu’s Disabled Welfare Department to assist the disadvantaged people.
National Identity Card for Disabled Persons
The National Identity Cards are issued on the first and third Monday of the month in the district of Dindigul by the Special Physicians in the District Disability Welfare Office. Family card, Aadhaar card original and 4 passport size photograph.
Scholarship To Disabled Students
Under this scheme Scholarship is given to the differently abled students studying in recognised schools/colleges. The Scholarship is being paid at the following rates.
- 1st standard to 5 th std Rs. 1000/- P.A
- 6 th to 8 th Rs. 3000/-P.A
- 9 th to 12 th std Rs.4000/- P.A
- Degree courses for UG Rs.6000/- P.A
- PG course and professional courses Rs.7000/-.P.A
Under this scheme the visually differently abled students are being paid at the following rate.
- 9 th to 12 th Rs. 3000/- per annum
- Degree Course RS.5000/- per annum
- PG course and Professional courses Rs. 6000/ P.A
Maintenance Allowance Schemes
- Maintenance grant to the 40% and above mentally retorted Under this scheme Maintenance Allowance is given at the rate of Rs. 1500/- per month to the 40% and above Mentally Retarded persons.
- Maintenance grant to 75% and above the severelly disabled. Under this scheme Maintenance allowance is given at the rate of Rs. 1500/- per month to the 75% and above severely Differently Abled person (Ortho)
- Maintenance grant to the 40% and above muscular dystrophy. Under this scheme Maintenance Allowance is given at the rate of Rs. 1500/- per month to the 40% and above Muscular dystrophy affected persons.
- Maintenance grant to the 40% and above leprosy cured person. Under this scheme Maintenance Allowance is given at the rate of Rs.1500/- per month to the 40% and above Leprosy cured persons.
Loan assistance self -employment programme
Under this scheme Loan is recommended to the unemployment Differently Abled persons who are willing to start their self employment ventures. The Government Subsidy will be released to the Differently Abled person to whom provisional loan was sanctioned at the maximum of Rs. 10000/- or 1/3 of the sanctioned loan amount whichever is less.
Marriage scheme: (Non Graduate)
A person who is good enough to marry a blind person can get Rs. 25,000 / and 8 g gold coin is provided.
- A person who is in a good position to marry a disadvantaged person who is deaf and unsafe 25,000 / and 8 g gold coin is provided.
- The person who has the right to marry the foot, 25,000 / and 8 g gold coin is provided.
- For a disadvantaged person who is getting married to a changeable person Rs. 25,000 / and 8 g gold coin is provided.
50,000 / and 8 grams are awarded to the graduate and graduate students in all the marriage assistance schemes.
Free Travel Concession to Disabled Persons
- The bus travel plan for traveling 100 KMs for treating hospitals and to work for other disabilities.
- The bus travel plan for travelling to KM does not exceed 100 KMs for treating hospitals to work for other disabilities.
- Traveling across the state through a 75% discount.
Aids and Applicances
- Wheel Chair.
- Calipeprs And Crutches.
- Artificial Limbs.
- Brail Watches.
- Goggles And Folding Sticks.
- Hearing Aids And Solar Rechargeable Batteries.
- Motorized Tricycle/Bike Modular Limb.
- Motorized Sewing Machines.
Mobile Fitness Unit Vehicle
To train children from 0 to 6 years of training in a place where they can not be trained, to be trained by a mobile treatment unit.
Welfare Board Schemes
- Accident death Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Scholarship Rs.1,000/- to 4,000/-
- Funeral expences Rs.2,000/-
- Natural Death Rs. 15,000/-
- Marriage Assistance Rs. 2,000/-
- Delivery expenses Rs. 6,000/-
- spectacles Rs. 500/-